Tuesday, November 9, 2010

iOS 4.2! Where is it and please fix remote!!!

iOS 4.2 delay

Still waiting for 4.2, apparently there is a delay because of marketing reasons,  but I also hope they fix the bug with remote.

http://www.gaj-it.com/26865/ios-4-2-and-android-2-3-coming-very-soon/
It’s getting close to the end of the year, but there’s still plenty of time to whip out some updates. Smartphone users are in for a treat this November as both Apple and Google are set to start rolling out the latest versions of their operating system



Apart from remote crashing all the time and having problems logging in (I have also added UDP port 5353 & TCP 3689 in the Firewall Private Profile), the other problem I find with remote, is that if you have an album that is a combo of Mp3 and Lossless, it wont play the tracks in order. It will play the tracks in order from Mp3 and then lossless. It is very frustrating for those who have greatest hits albums and then use those to fill an album, rather than buying a whole album from itunes or elsewhere. I have the greatest hits by Mr. Mister on CD and it has 7 tracks from their Granduous 1985 album "Welcome to The Real World". I bought the three remaining tracks as MP3's from 7 Digital Store in Australia (As it is cheaper than itunes) and even though I am exceptionally irritated with the lossy 320k MP3 sound, I was happy to complete the album. Unfortunately though, the remote on my ipod touch wouldn't play the album in order (from what I had manually put in itunes), but instead played the Mp3s first. RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

I am very happy with the iphone and the constant upgrades I have had  from 2.2 (as compared with the Palm T/X that never had an OS upgrade) , but please fix the bug with remote, especially as you sell Airport Expresses and Apple TVs that rely on it.

More from me on how to get the Airport Express N to play back music without dropouts.

No comments: